Bridgeport residents are advised that local energy efficiency vendors will be canvassing city neighborhoods from July 31 through Aug. 25, 2017, promoting the financial benefits of the Home Energy Solutions – Income Eligible program as part of the Energize Connecticut initiative.
Home Energy Solutions – Income Eligible is a no cost, comprehensive energy assessment for residents meeting certain income requirements. On average, participating customers save $250 on their annual energy bill.
This program provides approximately $1,000 worth of weatherization services such as:
• Duct and air sealing throughout your home
• Installation of ENERGY STAR® certified LED light bulbs
• Hot water pipe wrapping
• Installation of water-saving products such as low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators
• Educational tips for further reductions
• Incentives and financing options for additional upgrades such as windows, insulation, and HVAC systems
Vendors will visit approximately 15,000 homes across the city. The canvassing will occur Monday through Friday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., and canvassers will identify themselves with a clearly visible United Illuminating (UI) contractor badge. UI, a subsidiary of AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR), is a partner of the Energize Connecticut initiative.
The following are the approved contractors conducting this outreach:
• HE Energy Solutions
• Better Building Performance, LLC
• Gulick Building and Development, LLC
• Santa Energy
Any resident with questions about the canvassing or Home Energy Solutions – Income Eligible program should contact 877-WISE-USE or visit energizect.com.
About Energize Connecticut
Energize Connecticut helps you save money and use clean energy. It is an initiative of the Energy Efficiency Fund, the Connecticut Green Bank, the State, and your local electric and gas utilities, with funding from a charge on customer energy bills. Information on energy-saving programs can be found at energizect.com or by calling 1.877.WISE.USE.