As the weather heats up, inefficient cooling systems can make keeping your home comfortable an expensive task. This is further amplified in spaces without ductwork that would require expensive and difficult modifications to install a new unit. Before knocking holes in your walls, consider the benefits of an innovative Ductless Split Heat Pump unit or system.
The following information from Energize Connecticut initiative partner United Illuminating (UI) serves as a starter guide for making an educated decision when assessing cooling needs.
What is a Ductless Split Heat Pump?
A Ductless Split Heat Pump is a high-efficiency, zonal heating and cooling system that provides exceptional air circulation without the need for extensive duct work. Using a two-way system, Ductless Split Heat Pumps cool your home by transferring warm air from inside to outside. Conversely, they can heat your home with the reverse action during colder months.
What are the Advantages of a Ductless Split Heat Pump?
• 25 to 50 percent less energy consumption than forced air and electric resistance systems
• Continuous operation helps efficiently maintain stable indoor temperatures, as opposed to forced air systems that expend excessive amounts of energy turning on and off
• Independent controlling allows you to avoid the high costs of heating and cooling unoccupied rooms
• Easy installation with wall or ceiling mounting that does not require expensive home modifications
• Low maintenance – generally only requires occasional cleaning of coils and filters
• With proper upkeep, Ductless Split Heat Pumps can last more than 20 years
Where is a Ductless Split Heat Pump Beneficial?
• In spaces where ductwork is not present or would be difficult to install
• Home remodel projects, additions and/or construction areas requiring cooling or heating
• Homes with existing electric heating solutions
For anyone considering a Ductless Split Heat Pump, instant discounts and rebates for a variety of certified contractors are available through the Energize Connecticut initiative. Additionally, low interest financing of 0.99% is available through CT Green Bank for a limited time.
UI is a subsidiary of AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR), For more information on energy-saving programs and services provided through the Energize Connecticut initiative, please visit energizect.com or call 1-877-WISE-USE.
About Energize Connecticut
Energize Connecticut helps you save money and use clean energy. It is an initiative of the Energy Efficiency Fund, the Connecticut Green Bank, the State, and your local electric and gas utilities, with funding from a charge on customer energy bills. Information on energy-saving programs can be found at energizect.com or by calling 1.877.WISE.USE.