Commercial Pre-Rinse Spray Valve Incentive
- Rebate Offer:
- Up to $50 per qualifying units
- Incentive Duration
- 01/01/22 - 12/31/22
- Average Initial Cost
- $100 - $300
- Average Lifetime Savings
- $550 - $1,000
- Average Lifespan
- 5 Years
- Pre-rinse spray valves can account for nearly one-third of the water used in a typical commercial kitchen.
- Replacing existing, non-efficient pre-rinse spray valves flowing at 1.6 gallons per minute (gpm) or greater with high efficiency, DOE-compliant models offers a significant opportunity for water and cost savings within commercial kitchens.
- Replacing one old, inefficient pre-rinse spray valve with a high-efficiency, DOE-compliant model can save a typical commercial kitchen more than 7,000 gallons of water per year. That’s equivalent to the amount of water needed to wash nearly 4,800 racks of dishes.
- Because kitchens use hot water to rinse dishes, installing a high-efficiency pre-rinse spray valve can reduce a commercial kitchen’s annual natural gas use by more than 5,700 cubic feet per year. That’s enough energy to run its convection oven 12 hours a day for nearly three weeks.
How to get started
- Rebates are available to commercial and industrial natural gas or electric service customers. All commercial and industrial customers of Eversource, UI, CNG and SCG can participate.
- Equipment must be installed in the service territory of the participating utility.
- Pre-approval and a post-inspection from the participating utility are required if the rebate total exceeds $5,000.
- Pre-Rinse Spray Valves that are WaterSense certified qualify for a rebate. Download the Qualified Product list below.
Qualified Product List
What is the rebate process?
There are three ways to receive a rebate. The first and easiest is an Instant Rebate where you, or your contractor, purchases a qualifying unit from a supply chain partner. The second and third methods require you, or your contractor, to fill out and submit a form. Read more about the three options below.
Work with your Supply Chain Partner to identify a qualifying energy-efficient unit that works best for you and purchase from a Supply Chain Partner on this list to receive the instant rebate. The incentive is applied at the time of purchase.
If you are not using one of our participating Supply Chain Partners, you can use option 2 or option 3 below to apply for your rebate.
If you are not purchasing from a Supply Chain Partner, we encourage you to apply online which is the quickest way to obtain your rebate!
To submit an online application, click the button below to get started:
If you are not able to submit your application online, you can download the mail-in application, fill it out, and mail it in to the address on the application. Please make sure to sign your application and include all required documentation.