Residential Heat Pump Water Heater Incentive
- Rebate Offer:
- Up to $750 for qualifying units
- Incentive Duration
- 01/01/22 - 12/31/22
- Average Initial Cost
- $1,700 - $3,000
- Average Lifetime Savings
- $3,000 - $4,000
- Average Lifespan
- 10-15 years
How to get started
- Rebates are available to residential electric service customers. All customers of Eversource or UI can participate.
- Unit must be installed in the service territory of the participating utility.
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR with a 3.0 Uniform Energy Factor (UEF) or greater qualify.
Call 877-WISE-USE (877-947-3873) for more information.
- A minimum of 3.0 Uniform Energy Factor (UEF) is required.
- To find ENERGY STAR certified units talk to a licensed contractor or visit the ENERGY STAR website.
- Pre-approval and a post-inspection from the participating utility are required if the rebate total exceeds $7,500.
What is the rebate process?
We help make it affordable to upgrade to an ENERGY STAR® certified heat pump water heater by offering incentives two ways. Work with a contractor to receive an instant discount at the point-of-purchase when a qualified unit is purchased from a participating supply chain partner on your behalf or take advantage of incentives directly when you purchase through one of our retail partners.
When your installing contractor purchases a qualifying unit at a participating distributor in Connecticut, a $750 instant discount will be automatically applied to the eligible equipment cost. A $400 rebate will be automatically applied for eligible models with more than 55 gallons of storage capacity.
We strongly encourage you to contact a licensed contractor to ensure proper installation of your heat pump water heater. You or your contractor can receive a $750 instant discount on ENERGY STAR certified models through participating distributors listed on our Find a Distributor page. A $400 rebate is available for ENERGY STAR certified heat pump water heaters with a 3.0 Uniform Energy Factor (UEF) or greater and more than 55 gallons of storage capacity.
Eversource and United Illuminating (UI) partner with several retailers across the state to offer you instant discounts and/or paper rebates for heat pump water heaters. You may purchase a heat pump water heater directly from the retailer to receive:
A $750 instant discount through participating Retail Stores with address verification for eligible models with a storage capacity of 55 gallons or less.
- OR -
A $750 mail-in rebate will be provided to residential customers who are not able to validate eligibility in store.
A $400 mail-in rebate is available for ENERGY STAR certified heat pump water heater models with a storage capacity greater than 55 gallons.
Learn more at the ENERGY STAR website.