This training is appropriate for all building managers. The course is technical, and would be valuable for those who manage building equipment and operations.
More information coming for 2021 course series soon.
To find out more about courses offered in Connecticut, and to register, please visit:
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Diana McCarthy-Bercury, Eversource
Sheri Borelli, United Illuminating
Level I Course Series
The Level I course series provides eight one-day classes, for a total of seven courses. Each series consists of classroom training, on-site project assignments and in-class exams administered at the end of each class.
Classes may vary, consisting of lecture, discussion, small group exercises and facility tours. Through facility projects, you will demonstrate competence in locating building equipment, distribution pathways and control points, calculating facility energy consumption, critiquing HVAC systems operation and sketching the facility's electrical distribution system.
To become Level I certified, participants must attend all eight days, and complete class exams and assigned projects for a total of 74 hours.
- BOC 1001 Energy Efficient Operation of Building HVAC Systems (2 days)
- BOC 1002 Measuring and Benchmarking Energy Performance
- BOC 1003 Efficient Lighting Fundamentals
- BOC 1004 HVAC Controls Fundamentals
- BOC 1006 Common Opportunities for Low-Cost Operational Improvement
- BOC 1005 Indoor Environmental Quality
- BOC 1008 Operation & Maintenance Practices for Sustainable Buildings
- BOC Certification Examination