Eversource and UI are introducing a new initiative, Sustainable Office Design (SOD), to deliver integrated technical solutions for the leased commercial office market. The SOD program promotes and offers incentives for well‐thought-out, innovative, and controls‐rich lighting designs for tenant improvement (TI) projects. Please see the SOD one pager for a program overview.
Benefits of Program Elements to Building Owners/Tenants:
- Simple and predictable $1/square foot (sf) incentive for budgeting and planning purposes
- Opportunity to overcome building owner/tenant split-incentive with utility incentive that can be assigned to the stakeholder that pays for the TI fit-out
- Quick 1-month turnaround application review timeline that aligns with TI projects
- Energy savings from pre-approved lighting and controls performance targets
|Technical Design Criteria for SOD Incentive:||Resulting Benefits from SOD:|
Benefits of Program Elements to Designers:
- Helps prevent value-engineering of efficient lighting and control systems
- Flexible approach enables creativity in design and does not limit technology options - a target level of performance must be met, but the means of doing so is not prescribed
- Quick turnaround of application review
- Offers competitive advantage to design firms who bring SOD incentive dollars to prospective clients
- Provides a Lighting Designer Incentive equal to 20 percent of the total incentive amount (up to $15,000)*
Steps to Apply
Step 1 -
Make sure your project is eligible. Review and complete the Sustainable Office Design Program application.
Step 2 -
Submit your completed application to your utility.
* Note: Only lighting designers who have obtained LC, CLEP CLD certification, or are current members of IALD are eligible. The lighting designer must design, engineer, or install, and not profit solely from the sale of the lighting.