Make energy savings pay off with low-interest financing for qualified energy-efficient improvements. Coupled with incentives, it can make your project a reality so you can start saving sooner.
What is a National Energy Improvement Fund Loan?
These are low-interest, Electric & Natural Gas Energy Efficiency, loans offered to commercial and industrial customers that implement energy-saving measures through a qualifying Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund program.
Loan Terms ➞
- The first $100,000 of a loan is subsidized by the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund with rates available from 1.99% - 2.99% with a repayment terms of 60 months.
- Anything over $100,000 can be financed at market rates. These loans make it easier to make the smart choice to save energy.
Loan Available For These Measures ➞
The loan must be used to upgrade or replace existing equipment with high-efficiency equipment.
- All commercial and industrial customers of Eversource or UI qualify except for new construction or major renovation projects and those projects which participate in our Small Business Energy Advantage program.
- For natural gas-saving measures, the company must be a firm customer of CNG, SCG or Eversource.
- Commercial and industrial customers must be in business for a minimum of three years and have good credit standing.
How To Get Started ➞
Step 1 -
Contact your energy efficient consultant (EEC).
This is a low-interest loan offered to commercial and industrial customers that implement energy-saving measures through a qualifying Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund program:
The loan must be used to upgrade or replace existing equipment with high-efficiency equipment
The loan limits range from a minimum of $2,000 and up, with subsidized low interest financing offered on the first $100,000 of the loan and market rate financing for above $100,000
Financing for the Industrial & Commercial Loan has a maximum loan term of 60 months
Step 2 -
Apply for the loan: National Energy Improvement Fund (NEIF).
Step 3 -
Once your loan is approved, you can install the qualifying energy-saving measures.