Loans make it easier for small businesses and municipalities to invest in energy-efficient improvements. Repayment terms up to four years and an on-bill payment option make it even easier!
What is the Small Business and Municipal Loan Program?
These loans are funded through the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund to help upgrade or replace existing electric and gas equipment with qualifying high-efficiency equipment.
Loan Terms ➞
- Commercial or industrial businesses participating in the Small Business Energy Advantage (SBEA) program can apply for loans ranging from $500-$100,000.
- Municipalities participating in a retrofit program can apply for loans up to $1 million.
- Repayment terms up to 48 months.
- Convenient on-bill payment option.
How To Get Started ➞
Contact your authorized contractor or 877-WISE-USE (877-947-3873) to find out about available funds.
Click the link to your utility below for more information:
This is an interest-free loan offered to customers who implement qualifying energy-saving measures through our incentive program.
The loan must be used to upgrade or replace existing electric or natural gas equipment with high-efficiency equipment.
The loan limits range from a minimum of $500 to a maximum of $100,000.
Financing for the Small Business & Municipal Loan program has a maximum loan term of up to 48 months. (Please consult appropriate Small Business Administrator.)
Go through the approval process through the utility to determine financing options.
Once your qualifying energy-saving measures have been installed and inspected, the financed amount will appear on your monthly electric bill, allowing you to make just one monthly payment for both your loan and your electric bill.
If you don't qualify for the utility on-bill repayment option, you may be eligible for third-party financing through the National Energy Improvement Fund (NEIF).
Call 877-WISE-USE (877-947-3873) for more information.
- Commercial and industrial businesses of Eversource or UI that are participating in the Small Business Energy Advantage (SBEA) program are eligible.
- Municipalities served by Eversource or UI with projects qualifying for the Energy Opportunities program may also participate.
- All participating customers must be in good credit standing, be a Utility customer for one year , and have less than four utility late payments.
- The loan must be used to upgrade or replace existing electric and natural gas equipment with high-efficiency equipment.
- Loans are not available to customers or for projects participating in our Energy Conscious Blueprint program.
- For those who don't qualify for on-bill payment, we have a third party option through National Energy Improvement Fund (NEIF).
If you are a Connecticut business and are not served by one of the utilities listed above, please visit your utility’s website to see what energy efficiency programs are available to you. Please click here for information on how to contact your municipal utility.