Commercial Air Purifier Incentive
- Rebate Offer:
- Up to $40 per qualifying units
- Incentive Duration
- 01/01/23 - 12/31/23
- Average Initial Cost
- $100 - $200
- Average Lifetime Savings
- Average Lifespan
- 8 Years
- Room air purifiers - sometimes referred to as "room air cleaners" - are portable, electric appliances that remove fine particles, such as dust and pollen, from indoor air. A standard room air purifier, operating continuously, uses approximately 450 kWh per year in electricity. This is more than the energy used by some new refrigerators!
- ENERGY STAR certified room air purifiers are over 25% more energy-efficient than standard models, saving consumers about 120 kWh/year
How to get started
- Rebates are available to commercial and industrial electric service customers. All commercial and industrial customers of Eversource or UI can participate
- Equipment must be installed in the service territory of the participating utility
- Pre-approval and a post-inspection from the participating utility are required if the rebate total exceeds $7,500
- Pre-Approval is required for projects with quantities greater than 10
- Air Purifiers that are ENERGY STAR rated qualify for a rebate. Equipment must be rated on the ENERGY STAR website
What is the rebate process?
There are three options for receiving a rebate. The first and easiest is an Instant Rebate where you, or your contractor, purchases a qualifying unit from a supply chain partner. The second and third methods require you, or your contractor, to fill out and submit a form. Read more about the three options below.
Work with your participating Supply Chain Partner to identify a qualifying energy-efficient unit that works best for your facility. Make the purchase from the supply chain partner to receive the instant rebate. The incentive is applied at the time of purchase.
If you are not using one of our participating Supply Chain Partners, you can use option 2 or option 3 below to apply for your rebate.
If you are not purchasing from a Supply Chain Partner, we encourage you to apply online which is the quickest way to obtain your rebate!
To submit an online application, click the button below to get started:
If you are not able to submit your application online, you can download the mail-in application, fill it out, and mail it in to the address on the application. Please make sure to sign your application and include all required documentation.