Commercial Refrigerated Chef Bases Incentive
- Rebate Offer:
- Up to $500 per qualifying units
- Incentive Duration
- 01/01/23 - 12/31/23
- Average Initial Cost
- Average Lifetime Savings
- $450 - $1,300
- Average Lifespan
- 10-12 Years
- With chef bases mounted under griddles, cooktops, or prep stations, they help to keep high usage food items where they can be easily accessed.
- Most of these systems come with brushless electronically commutated motor fans allowing for on-demand variable speeds to improve the efficiency of the unit.
- Many manufacturers offer heat shields for when cooking equipment is mounted on top of the chef base. The heat shields help to ensure the system does not have to work harder to overcome the heat of the cooking equipment.
How to get started
- Rebates are available to commercial and industrial electric service customers. All commercial and industrial customers of Eversource and UI can participate.
- Equipment must be installed in the service territory of the participating utility.
- Pre-approval and a post-inspection from the participating utility are required if the rebate total exceeds $5,000.
- Refrigerated Chef Bases need to be on the Energize Connecticut℠ Foodservice Qualified Product List (QPL) to qualify for a rebate.
What is the process?
There are three ways to receive a rebate. The first and easiest is an Instant Rebate where you, or your contractor, purchases a qualifying unit from a supply chain partner. The second and third methods require you, or your contractor, to fill out and submit a form. Read more about the three options below.
Work with your Supply Chain Partner to identify a qualifying energy-efficient unit that works best for you and purchase from a Supply Chain Partner on this list to receive the instant rebate. The incentive is applied at the time of purchase.
If you are not using one of our participating Supply Chain Partners, you can use option 2 or option 3 below to apply for your rebate.
If you are not purchasing from a Supply Chain Partner, we encourage you to apply online which is the quickest way to obtain your rebate!
To submit an online application, click the button below to get started:
If you are not able to submit your application online, you can download the mail-in application, fill it out, and mail it in to the address on the application. Please make sure to sign your application and include all required documentation.