Residential Ground Source Heat Pump Incentive
- Rebate Offer:
- Rebates up to $15,000 for qualifying ground source heat pumps
- Incentive Duration
- 01/01/23 - 12/31/23
- Average Initial Cost
- $30,000 - $75,000
- Average Lifetime Savings
- $25,000 - $50,000
- Average Lifespan
- 25 - 50 Years
How to get started
- Rebates are available to residential electric service customers. All customers of Eversource or UI can participate
- Equipment must be installed in the service territory of the participating utility
- Equipment must be ENERGY STAR certified and must meet the minimum requirements on the rebate form. Minimum requirements differ depending on the type of Ground Source Heat Pump
- Equipment must be installed by a contractor participating in the Energize CT Heat Pump Installer Network.
- Equipment must replace oil, propane, natural gas, or electric baseboard as the primary heating system.
For Additional Energy Optimization Rebates
- Federal tax credits may be available. Learn more about the IRA tax credits here or speak to your tax preparer.
- Tonnage is based on Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) cooling capacity. (1 ton = 12,000 BTUs). Tonnage is calculated by dividing AHRI cooling capacity by ton and rounding to two decimal places
What is the rebate process?
To help you make the switch, you can receive incentives up to $15,000 per home for purchasing eligible heat pumps.
Work with a contractor participating in the Energize CT Heat Pump Installer Network to claim your rebate through our online rebate portal or by mail once your installation is complete.
Need help getting started? Reach out for a no-cost heat pump consultation.