Commercial Vending Misers Incentive
- Rebate Offer:
- Up to $75 per qualifying units
- Incentive Duration
- 01/01/23 - 12/31/23
- Average Initial Cost
- Average Lifetime Savings
- Average Lifespan
- 12 Years
- For companies actively seeking ways to reduce their carbon footprint, vending misers are a great element to incorporate into an energy savings strategy. These devices, once affixed to your vending machine(s), can yield significant savings and energy reduction.
- Vending misers are energy saving devices for vending machines that regulate the amount of energy the equipment consumes by automatically turning off the vending machine when no one is around, monitoring the room’s temperature and automatically re-powering the cooling system to ensure the product stays cold.
- Vending misers help reduce energy in vending machines to the level of ENERGY STAR® qualified equipment.
How to get started
- Rebates are available to commercial and industrial electric service customers. All commercial and industrial customers of Eversource and UI can participate.
- Equipment must be installed in the service territory of the participating utility.
- Eligible vending misers are devices installed on Refrigerated Beverage Vending Machines, Non-Refrigerated Snack Vending Machines or Glass Front Refrigerated Coolers .
- To qualify, there cannot be an existing vending miser installed. The new vending miser must be an occupancy based sensor.
- Pre-approval and a post-inspection from the participating utility are required if the rebate total exceeds $5,000.
- Eligible vending misers are devices installed on Refrigerated Beverage Vending Machines, Non-Refrigerated Snack Vending Machines or Glass Front Refrigerated Coolers.
- Vending Misers must be new and be an occupancy based control. Machine cannot have an existing vending miser installed.
What is the rebate process?
There are three ways to receive a rebate. The first and easiest is an Instant Rebate where you, or your contractor, purchases a qualifying unit from a supply chain partner. The second and third methods require you, or your contractor, to fill out and submit a form. Read more about the three options below.
Work with your Supply Chain Partner to identify a qualifying energy-efficient unit that works best for you and purchase from a Supply Chain Partner on this list to receive the instant rebate. The incentive is applied at the time of purchase.
If you are not using one of our participating Supply Chain Partners, you can use option 2 or option 3 below to apply for your rebate.
If you are not purchasing from a Supply Chain Partner, we encourage you to apply online which is the quickest way to obtain your rebate!
To submit an online application, click the button below to get started:
If you are not able to submit your application online, you can download the mail-in application, fill it out, and mail it in to the address on the application. Please make sure to sign your application and include all required documentation.