Office of Energy Efficient Businesses Overview
The Office of Energy Efficient Businesses (OEEB) is designed to bring energy efficiency and conservation services directly to small businesses in underserved areas of Connecticut and to help businesses identify steps to reduce their energy bills.
Through the electric and gas utilities and funded through The Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund (CEEF), energy efficiency programs are available to help businesses in distressed communities achieve energy savings and lower their energy bills.
The OEEB, established in Public Act 11-80 Sec. 119, is offered through the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP), and the Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology Inc. (CCAT) is the administrator for the OEEB program.
How We Can Help ➞
The OEEB will identify steps small businesses can take to reduce their energy bills and increase profits – and help them implement these measures.
For information regarding this program, please contact WISE USE at 1-877-WISE USE (877-947-3873).
Energy efficiency analysis
OEEB will identify each business’ efficiency and conservation opportunities that are available through the CEEF’s electric and gas utility programs.
Energy procurement analysis
OEEB can examine energy usage to determine whether a business could obtain a more favorable rate for natural gas and/or electric generation service. An analysis of fuel switching opportunities will be provided.
Renewable energy analysis
OEEB can identify financially attractive renewable energy technologies suitable for use by a business – and also identify available funding from existing state and/or federal programs.
- Direct outreach to small businesses
- A single point of contact for all energy services
- Information on loans and grants for energy efficiency, conservation, and renewable energy
- Audit assessment services and on-site outreach by independent staff
- Information on accessing Connecticut’s competitive electric and gas suppliers
- Increased business profits from lower energy bills
- Greater energy efficiency
- Reduced dependence on fossil fuels
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- Increased economic growth opportunities for Connecticut’s clean energy sector
- Contact Information