- Gas Water Heating
- Heating & Cooling
- New Construction or Major Renovation
- Process Equipment
With the new financial incentives and technical assistance available, customers and design teams have access to valuable resources for making smart energy decisions that deliver cost savings and better building performance for the future.
Financial incentives are designed to offset the cost of purchasing and installing energy-efficient electric and natural gas equipment. Combining both opportunities, when appropriate, allows you to maximize energy cost savings. Energy efficiency is a proven way to reduce the cost of doing business.
Call 877-WISE-USE (877-947-3873) for more information.
Engage with us early on in your project to optimize energy efficiency. With project paths suited to a range of facilities and different levels of energy efficiency measures, there is a pathway for every project. Click the links below for more information about each path, or click here for an overview of the program.
Comprehensive technical expertise and financial incentives for ZNE, ZNE Ready, very low energy use intensity (EUI) and Passive House projects.
View the Memorandum of Understanding for Path 1 for more information.
Comprehensive technical expertise and financial incentives for meeting EUI reduction goals.
View the Memorandum of Understanding for Path 2 for more information.
Prescriptive incentives for incorporating energy equipment into projects that are small, simple, fast- moving, or projects in advance design. Incentives are qualified individually for each energy efficiency system/piece of equipment proposed.
View the Memorandum of Understanding for Path 3 for further details.
Prescriptive rebates are available for incorporating smaller energy efficient measures into projects. The Prescriptive / Custom incentives are qualified individually for each energy efficiency system/piece of equipment proposed.
Contact your utility directly or call 877-WISE-USE (877-947-3873) to get started.
Eversource and UI are introducing a new initiative, Sustainable Office Design (SOD), to deliver integrated technical solutions for the leased commercial office market. The SOD program promotes and offers incentives for well‐thought-out, innovative, and controls‐rich lighting designs for tenant improvement (TI) projects. Please see the SOD one pager for a program overview.
Benefits of Program Elements to Building Owners/Tenants:
- Simple and predictable $1/square foot (sf) incentive for budgeting and planning purposes
- Opportunity to overcome building owner/tenant split-incentive with utility incentive that can be assigned to the stakeholder that pays for the TI fit-out
- Quick 1-month turnaround application review timeline that aligns with TI projects
- Energy savings from pre-approved lighting and controls performance targets
|Technical Design Criteria for SOD Incentive:||Resulting Benefits from SOD:|
Benefits of Program Elements to Designers:
- Helps prevent value-engineering of efficient lighting and control systems
- Flexible approach enables creativity in design and does not limit technology options - a target level of performance must be met, but the means of doing so is not prescribed
- Quick turnaround of application review
- Offers competitive advantage to design firms who bring SOD incentive dollars to prospective clients
- Provides a Lighting Designer Incentive equal to 20 percent of the total incentive amount (up to $15,000)*
Steps to Apply
Step 1 -
Make sure your project is eligible. Review and complete the Sustainable Office Design Program application.
Step 2 -
Submit your completed application to your utility.
* Note: Only lighting designers who have obtained LC, CLEP CLD certification, or are current members of IALD are eligible. The lighting designer must design, engineer, or install, and not profit solely from the sale of the lighting.