Residential Natural Gas Furnace Incentive
- Rebate Offer:
- $650 mail-in rebate for qualifying Natural Gas Furnaces
- Incentive Duration
- 01/01/23 - 12/31/23
- Average Initial Cost
- $1,800 - $2,300
- Average Lifetime Savings
- $1,275 - $1,550
- Average Lifespan
- 20 Years
In order to qualify for natural gas furnace incentives, residential customers of Eversource and Avangrid must first complete a verification inspection on the existing heating system. Only customers replacing an inefficient non-condensing furnace with a new high efficient condensing furnace are eligible to receive rebates.
Existing equipment verification is required. Please contact the inspection vendor for your utility to schedule a virtual or -on site inspection prior to replacing the existing equipment:
How to get started
- Residential customers of Eversource, UI, CNG, and SCG are eligible to participate
- Equipment must be installed in the service territory of the participating utility
- Qualifying furnace must be installed by a licensed contractor in your utility’s service territory
For Additional Energy Optimization Rebates
- Federal tax credits may be available. Learn more about the IRA tax credits here or speak to your tax preparer.
- Furnaces must be AHRI rated to qualify for a rebate. Furnaces must have an AFUE or Thermal Efficiency of 95% or higher
What is the rebate process?
Step 1 - Prior to purchase, confirm your system qualifies for rebates with your HVAC contractor or by checking the ENERGY STAR website.
Existing equipment verification is required. Please contact the inspection vendor for your utility prior to replacing the existing equipment:
Step 2 - Complete the 2023 Residential Natural Gas Boiler and Furnace Rebate application and mail it to the address on the rebate form.