Residential Insulation Incentive
- Rebate Offer:
- Up to $1.70 per square foot on approved insulation projects recommended during your visit.
- Incentive Duration
- 01/01/23 - 03/31/24
- Average Initial Cost
- -The average initial cost varies from home to home. This is based on the square footage and insulation needs.
- Average Lifetime Savings
- -This varies from measure to measure.
- Average Lifespan
- This varies from measure to measure.
- If you are renting, you will need your landlord’s approval prior to scheduling your Home Energy Solutions visit
- Insulation must be recommended by a Home Energy Solutions contractor
- Insulation project must be approved
- If your family’s combined gross annual income is below the state’s 60 percent income median, you may qualify for our no-cost Home Energy Solutions - Income-Eligible (HES-IE) program, and additional incentives including up to 100% of the cost of insulation
- This program is for single family homes and multifamily buildings of up to 4 units
- If you live in an apartment building with more than 4 units, our Multifamily Initiative is for you
How to get started
- Residential customers of Eversource, UI, CNG, and SCG are eligible for this program
- If your family’s combined gross annual income is below the state’s 60 percent income median, you may qualify for our HES - Income-Eligible (HES-IE) program
- If you are a Connecticut resident and are not served by one of the utilities listed, please visit your utility’s website to see what energy efficiency programs are available to you. Please click here for information on how to contact your municipal utility
Acceptable Insulation Materials:
- Fiberglass Batts, Blown Fiberglass, Cellulose, Dense Pack Cellulose, Rockwool, Spray Foam, Rigid Foam
- Existing R value cannot exceed R19 and final R value of the settled density of installed insulation must be R38 or greater
Floored Over Attics:
- Existing R value must be less than or equal to 4 and final R value must be R19 or greater
Above & Below Grade Walls:
- Existing R value cannot exceed R4 and final R value must be R13 or greater
Basement and Garage Ceilings:
- Existing R value cannot exceed R6 and final R value must be R19 or greater
- Existing R value cannot exceed R6 and final R value must be R13 or greater
What is the rebate process?
Step 1 - Receive your insulation rebate application during your Home Energy Solutions visit.
Step 2 - You will schedule an appointment with a chosen contractor to install your insulation.
Step 3 - Fill out the details as instructed on the form and submit it following the instructions on the application.