Residential Insulation Incentive
- Rebate Offer:
- Up to $1.70 per square foot or 75 percent of total cost, whichever is less, up to $10,000 on approved insulation projects recommended during your visit.
- Incentive Duration
- 01/01/24 - 03/31/25
- Average Initial Cost
- -The average initial cost varies from home to home. This is based on the square footage and insulation needs.
- Average Lifetime Savings
- -This varies from measure to measure.
- Average Lifespan
- This varies from measure to measure.
How to get started
- Residential customers of Eversource, UI, CNG, and SCG are eligible for this program
- If your family’s combined gross annual income is below the state’s 60 percent income median, you may qualify for our HES - Income-Eligible (HES-IE) program
- If you are a Connecticut resident and are not served by one of the utilities listed, please visit your utility’s website to see what energy efficiency programs are available to you. Please click here for information on how to contact your municipal utility
For Additional Energy Optimization Rebates
- Federal tax credits may be available. Learn more about the tax credits here or speak to your tax preparer.
What is the rebate process?
Method of Installation
$0.25/sq. ft. for all type
Step 1 - Receive your insulation rebate application during your Home Energy Solutions visit.
Step 2 - You will schedule an appointment with a chosen contractor to install your insulation.
Step 3 - Fill out the details as instructed on the form and submit it following the instructions on the application.