- Annual Student Contest
- Professional Development Workshops
- eesmarts Lessons
- eesmarts Mini-Lessons
- Parent Resources
- Connecticut Science Fair
- eesmarts District Trainer
- Contact eesmarts
The eesmarts program provides professional development workshops free-of-charge to educators across the state of Connecticut for grades Kindergarten through high school. Workshops are led by the Capitol Region Education Council (CREC).
Workshops are interactive and cross-disciplinary, providing educators with Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core Standards for Math and English Language Arts, three-dimensional learning through activities and hands-on explorations - just as their students will perform their classrooms.
General eesmarts workshops are offered periodically throughout the year and at the annual Summer Institute in July. Please come back to view a list of the upcoming eesmarts workshops and to register. Please note that eesmarts workshops are open to Connecticut educators only, and there are a limited number of seats available for each workshop. Registrations are accepted in the order in which they are received.
Professional development is available at the district and school level. Talk to an eesmarts Education Consultant and let us develop a custom, no cost workshop designed for your district’s unique needs and schedule.
Benefits of an eesmarts Professional Development Workshop include:
- Receive free training, curriculum, and classroom materials*
- Gain confidence and practice using the Next Generation Science Standards three-dimensional teaching model
- Increase your knowledge and skills for teaching your students about energy and energy conservation
- Access eesmarts Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core Standards for Math & English Language Arts aligned lessons.
* Educators who have attended a workshop, can access curriculum and other materials, at Schoology, a learning management system that is separate from eesmarts. Using your Schoology teacher account and the Schoology access code provided at the eesmarts workshop, teachers can view, download, or print curriculum and other resources. Only teachers who have attended a workshop can access eesmarts materials.
For more information on eesmarts Professional Development Workshops - please call 877-514-2594.