- Raise your home or commercial building’s heating efficiency as high as 97%
- Use an electronic ignition instead of constantly burning a pilot light
- Reduce drafts and improve safety with sealed combustion that uses outside air to fuel the burner
Incentives & Financing
Technical and financial assistance is available on qualified multifamily projects.
Discounts up to $5/Input MBH for qualifying Natural Gas Boilers
Information & Tips
In most homes, heating is the single biggest energy expense. Replacing your old boiler or boiler circulator pump with new high-efficiency heating equipment can take a bite out of your energy costs, plus make your home more comfortable.
Older natural gas boilers have efficiencies of around 56-70%, but ENERGY STAR certified high-efficiency boilers achieve efficiencies as high as 97%, converting nearly all your fuel into useful heat for your home.
A boiler's efficiency is measured by annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE), which tells you what percent of fuel is converted to useful heat for your home. The higher the AFUE, the more heat you get for your money. An AFUE of 90% means that 90% of the energy in the fuel becomes heat for the home and the other 10% escapes up the chimney and elsewhere.
ENERGY STAR is the government-backed symbol for energy efficiency, providing credible, unbiased information that you can rely on to make well-informed decisions. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ensures that each product that earns the ENERGY STAR label is independently certified to deliver efficiency, performance, and savings.
“Our residents deserve a home that they love and value, so our main goal is to create sustainable living environments that are just as welcoming and comfortable as they are affordable. By evaluating the different energy-efficient upgrades that could be made and seeing the potential energy- and cost-savings they would deliver, we knew these projects would be a win-win for everyone.”– Ian Sobel Senior Asset Manager, The NHP Foundation
Bayview Towers is an affordable housing property owned by The NHP Foundation, a national not-for-profit real estate organization. Working with Eversouce and Energize Connecticut, The NHP Foundation made numerous energy-saving upgrades at Bayview to make life more comfortable for residents, including energy-efficient gas boilers. The project resulted in:
- 265,300 kWh saved annually
- 25,800 CCF natural gas saved annually
- $60,400 in energy costs saved annually
Also Explore ➞
Home Energy Solutions℠
- Request an energy performance assessment of your home.
- Receive customized energy-saving recommendations.
- Have an expert install basic weatherization and energy-saving measures.