Residential Air Source Heat Pump Incentive
- Rebate Offer:
- Up to $15,000 combined incentives for qualifying air source heat pumps
- Incentive Duration
- 01/01/23 - 12/31/23
- Average Initial Cost
- $5,000 - $25,000
- Average Lifetime Savings
- $5,000 - $15,000
- Average Lifespan
- 15 - 20 Years
We offer rebates based on equipment size (tonnage). Incentives are offered at two stages of your project. Work with a contractor participating in the Energize CT Heat Pump Installer Network to receive an instant discount at the point-of-purchase when qualified equipment is purchased from a participating distributor on your behalf. Once your installation is complete, claim an additional energy optimization rebate through our online rebate portal or by mail.
How to get started
- Rebates are available to residential electric service customers. All customers of Eversource or UI can participate.
- Equipment must be installed in the service territory of the participating utility.
For additional energy optimization rebates:
- Equipment must be installed by a contractor participating in the Energize CT Heat Pump Installer Network.
- Equipment must replace oil, propane, natural gas, or electric baseboard as the primary heating system. If an existing oil, propane, or natural gas system will be left in place, an integrated control must be installed.
- Equipment must be listed on the Energize CT Heat Pump Qualified Product List.
- Tonnage is based on Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) cooling capacity. (1 ton = 12,000 BTUs). Tonnage is calculated by dividing AHRI cooling capacity by ton and rounding to two decimal places.
What is the rebate process?
To help you make the switch, you can receive incentives up to $15,000 per home for purchasing eligible heat pumps.
Heat pump incentives are offered based on system size (tonnage) and are available at two stages of your heat pump project:
Work with a participating Energize CT Heat Pump Installer to receive an instant discount up to $250 per ton when qualified equipment is purchased from a participating distributor on your behalf. Speak to your contractor to ensure your instant discount is being applied.
Complete your installation and claim an additional $1,000 per ton energy optimization rebate on systems used to replace oil, propane, or electric resistance (baseboard) as a primary heating source. Claim your rebate online or submit a completed Air Source Heat Pump Energy Optimization Rebate Form by mail.
|Submit for your rebate online||Download rebate form|
Need help getting started? Reach out for a no-cost heat pump consultation.