- Cost: Lower your utility bills compared to all other heating fuels
- Comfort: Get all-in-one heating, cooling, and dehumidification
- Convenience: Maintain consistent indoor temperature and humidity levels
- Maintenance: Lower your maintenance costs compared to other heating and cooling systems
- Efficiency: Achieve up to 400% efficient—for every 1 unit of energy used to power a heat pump, up to 4 units of heat energy are supplied
- Environmental impact: Emit zero greenhouse gases when pairing with a 100% renewable energy source
Incentives & Financing
Rebates up to $15,000 for qualifying ground source heat pumps
Rebates up to $4,000 per ton for qualifying ground source heat pumps
Information & Tips
An ENERGY STAR certified ground source heat pump is a low-maintenance and environmentally friendly heating and cooling option for your home or business that’s over 45 percent more energy efficient than standard models. Because it’s mechanically simple and all its outdoor equipment is below ground where it’s protected from the weather, your maintenance costs are often lower than other heating and cooling systems.
Ground source heat pump systems have three main parts: a closed loop, which circulates fluid through an underground field in vertical and/or horizontal trenches; single or multiple pumps, fans, and compressors that provide heating and cooling; and a distribution system, typically ductwork, that carries air throughout your home or business to maintain an even temperature.
To pick the right heat pump for your home or business, consult with a qualified contractor that participates in the Energize CT Heat Pump Installer Network. If you find a system that meets our minimum efficiency criteria, claim your rebate once the installation is complete.
Compare the annual cost and carbon emissions savings from investing in a new heating and cooling system. The Clean Heating & Cooling Calculator can help you see how much upgrading your system to a heat pump would reduce your carbon emissions – and what it would mean for your home’s budget.
ENERGY STAR is the government-backed symbol for energy efficiency, providing credible, unbiased information that you can rely on to make well-informed decisions. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ensures that each product that earns the ENERGY STAR label is independently certified to deliver efficiency, performance, and savings.
Also Explore ➞
Home & Business Energy Assessments
- Request an energy performance assessment of your home or business
- Receive customized energy-saving recommendations
- Get help implementing energy-saving measures from a technician or receive rebates and incentives to implement them yourself